Preschool teachers need to treat the kids as their own children and take care of not just their classroom mischief but also many other aspects of their personality.
This is a huge responsibility and there are very few preschools in Dubai that take care of all the needs of children. The environment of a preschool plays a very important role in helping the kids to develop mentally and physically. Mentioned below are ways how you can provide kids with a healthy environment.
- A clean ambience is a must – Considering that kids get infected very easily, a clean environment is a must for children. Each one of them needs to be given the right place where he or she can sit comfortably. The desks, the stage, the play area and everything else need to be sparkling clean.
- Reliable nurses should be deployed – Caring and responsible nurses are a must when it comes to the life of a preschool kid. Though parents and teachers teach the kids how to behave in school, there are many situations when things go out of hand. That’s when loving nurses who know how to tackle kids and be patient with them are required.
- The walls should be colorful – The walls in the nursery should reflect positive energy and fun. That’s when kids will love to come to school and enjoy. Colorful walls reflect vigor and enthusiasm that are needed for young preschool kids. They should be happy to come to school every day which is why a positive environment becomes indispensable.
- Toys and other forms of entertainment should be in place – The atmosphere needs to be radiant and sprightly. It should have the right toys that would be loved by the kids of this age.
- The learning environment should be good – Finally, kids are coming to school to learn and explore new things which is why a proper learning environment becomes a must. Children should not just be aware of the basic etiquette required in our day to day life but even be taught how to become responsible citizens of the country.
These are some of the important elements that should make up the environment of kids in a preschool.
Gone are the days when children used to just read out loud in front of their teachers and parents. Today kids have to develop a well rounded personality to make all their dreams a reality.
That’s the reason why most of the nurseries in UAE have made an interesting curriculum so that kids can study and enjoy at the same time. This helps in the overall development of the kids which is very important for their bright future. The curriculum in schools is designed to influence all the aspects of children and their lives.
Read on to know more.
- Intellectual development – Exercises that stimulate the brain such as jigsaw puzzles, number games and a lot more are important for the child to develop intellectually. Therefore, schools in the UAE include such memory boosting games to lead to the intellectual development of kids.
- Creative development – Activities such as painting, decorating, planting seedlings and more influence the creativity of kids. Children tend to take inspiration from their teachers and participate in such activities. One has to think creatively for playing with clay, coloring and drawing things.
- General knowledge – This aspect makes children ready to face the world with enthusiasm and spirit. They will get to know the world around them and be updated about other people and the society in general. Children need to come out of their cocoon that includes their own family and reach out to other people living in the society as well.
- Physical development – Physical development is vital to make your children fit and active. And such a routine that includes exercises, outdoor games and more not only makes your kids physically active but mentally strong as well. There is hardly any game out there which does not require mental stimulation.
- Problem solving skills – Your children need to be problem solvers right since the beginning. Problems are a part and parcel of life and hence children need to develop the skill of solving problems rather than cribbing about things happening in their life.
- Communication skills – This is one of the most important things to be included in a kid’s curriculum. You need to encourage kids to participate in plays, sing their bed time rhymes and other such activities. You need to talk to them at every given opportunity so that they grow up to become excellent communicators.
The above mentioned areas need to be included in the curriculum for kids.
A good bedtime routine is important for kids to stay active and healthy. Hence you need to establish a fixed bedtime routine that kids can easily follow. Mentioned below are a few tips on the same.
Tell your kids bedtime stories – If you tell your kids bedtime stories, they will feel very excited to go to sleep every day. They will wait for bedtime as they get to hear interesting stories. Therefore, bedtime stories should be an important part of your child’s routine. If your child attends any of the nurseries in Dubai, then you can ask him to tell you about his activities in school as well.
Play soft music in the background – It is okay to play soft music while your kid is about to sleep. Light music will make the atmosphere really cozy and so your kid will sleep easily.
Use a night lamp – Kids find it difficult to sleep in total darkness. Hence, it is essential to use a night lamp so that kids can be at peace in the night. Even if your kids can sleep in complete darkness, it is good if you switch on the night lamp to prevent your child from getting nightmares or other such issues.
Give them a soft toy – Don’t leave your kid all alone in the room. Instead give him a soft toy such as a teddy bear that he can have as his companion at night. This will put them to sleep faster and they will enjoy the night as well.
Leave before your child falls asleep – Make sure you leave your kid’s room before he or she falls asleep. That’s because if you always put your child to sleep then they will be dependent on you for getting sleep. You need to make them independent in every way. However, do make them feel better by saying that you are always there for them no matter what. Also, don’t forget to come and have a look at them once they are asleep in the room to make sure that they are sleeping well.
Keep the above tips in mind to establish a good bedtime routine for your child.
As parents, you need to let your child gel with a group right since the beginning. Only then will your child learn to be independent in life. There are many parents who do not send their kids to preschool and keep them at home with a nanny. This is definitely a wrong thing to do as kids won’t learn anything this way. Read on to know why a group setting is good for kids.
- Group activities are a lot of fun – Your children will have the time of their lives if they are in a group. As a kid, it can be fun playing around with other children and making new friends.
- Your kids get to learn something – Every day is a learning session for your kids. Right from painting to jumping to even laughing, the fun gets doubled when children are in a group. Kids can learn qualities such as team spirit, sharing and more while they are in a group.
- They get to interact with other kids of their age – A group setting is a great way to let kids interact with new people and think and care for others as well.
- They develop self-confidence – It’s only when kids are in a group, do they understand how to share their toys and how to accomplish a particular task by being a part of a group. This in turn helps them to build self confidence that they are indeed capable of doing a particular job.
- They will learn to be problem solvers – As a new problem arises in a group, your kid will learn to find out solutions for the same by interacting with group members and working with them. Any kind of competition or activities arranged for the group of kids is sure to make your child more independent and confident.
All in all, a group setting is a must for the well being of your child. You can enroll them in any of the British preschools in Dubai and see the difference for yourself.
Women’s Day is celebrated on 8th March every year to celebrate the life of every woman living on the planet. Preschool is that time of life when the mind of kids is open to a host of things. Hence, this is the right time for you to teach your kids the importance of Women’s Day, as a mother. Read on for some tips on the same.
- Be a role model – Teach your kid how to be responsible in life. Tell him or her how you take care of the household work as well as live up to your professional obligations. In this way, your kid will understand that every mother out there is a woman at heart. They will understand the importance of women in their lives, and that’s when you can tell them what Women’s Day is all about. This will make them understand that one day in a year is dedicated to all the ladies in the world.
- Talk to them about inspirational women – Make your kids aware of women like Sheikha Lubna Al Qasami, Lubna Olayan and other such iconic people in the Middle East. This will make your kids understand that women indeed are very special and brave as well.
- Teach them to respect women in every walk of their lives – You need to teach your kids to respect each and every woman they meet. You need to tell them how women as daughters, mothers, sisters and good human beings are so very unique and pure. What your kid is in his or her childhood will surely reflect in his or her adulthood as well.
- Tell them the significance of Women’s Day in our lives – Tell them why every woman on earth is amazing in her own way. Tell them why it is extremely important to treat women in the right way and earn their respect in return.
This is how your child will grow up to become a great gentleman or lady. Your preschool kid can imbibe such qualities easily as their mind is progressing steadily.
Disciplining kids is the right thing to do. But, how you do it holds the key to good results. In a bid to develop discipline in their kids, parents tend to make a lot of mistakes. Mentioned below are such mistakes that parents should avoid at all costs.
1. Using harsh language – This seems shocking but many parents do use harsh language while talking to their kids which is the worst thing you can do. You need to speak to your kids in an affectionate way but at the same time you have to make sure that they understand what you expect of them. The idea is to express what you want without sounding too rude or strict.
2. Being negative in your approach – While disciplining kids, you need to make use of positive language. Instead of saying, ‘Don’t do this or that,’ you need to say something like ‘It will be great if you could do this.’ Such kind of positive language will make your kid understand things in a better way and they would follow your instructions too.
3. Lecturing them for a long time – While you’re dealing with children, it is important to keep the tone of your voice friendly and casual. The moment you start to lecture, your kids will not be able to grasp anything and all your efforts will fail. Be casual and not preachy in your approach.
4. Punishing them for small mistakes – Though you have to show some displeasure if your kid has done something wrong, it is important that you do not keep punishing them now and then for petty reasons. There’s nothing wrong in putting across your point in a stern manner, but avoid punishing them at the drop of a hat.
5. Not being disciplined yourself – If you yourself are not disciplined in your routine life, you can’t expect your kid to be the same. Firstly, you need to make sure that you are setting up a good example for your kids to follow the same.
These are a few mistakes that parents make while disciplining children. Watch out for these mistakes and make your child a good human being.
Know more about us click here.